Please check back for a listing of our upcoming auditions.
Theater Voices will hold auditions for a staged reading of 100 Saints You Should Know by Kate Fodor, directed by Michael Kennedy
- Steamer No. 10 Theatre, 500 Western Avenue, Albany - corner of West Lawrence Street.
- Sunday February 19, 7pm-9pm
Monday February 20, 7pm-9pm
- Audition sign-up begins at 6:30 p.m. each night and those auditioning should plan to stay from 7-9 p.m. Sides will be provided at the auditions.
- Theresa, estranged from her family and working as a cleaning woman, finds herself surprised by the unexpected desire to learn how to pray. Matthew, the priest whose rectory she cleans, is stunned and heartbroken by the realization that he no longer knows how to talk to God. When he disappears one day, Theresa tracks him down, and her search changes both of their lives. The New York Times wrote: "Fodor's play glows with the sense that the keenest evidence of the search for God is in the homiest details."
- Cast Breakdown
- Matthew: (male, 30s-early 40s) A Roman Catholic priest experiencing a crisis of faith and identity. Lonely, wanting human connection, and confused about how this might relate to sex and desire.
- Theresa: (female, 30s-early 40s) Works for Magic Maids; cleaner at the rectory. Single parent since age 16-17. Struggling with raising a rebellious teenager. Trying to make ends meet, come to terms with her current situation, and find a deeper meaning to life.
- Abby: (female, 16) Only child of Theresa. Surly, sarcastic and angry most of the time. Occasional moments of child-like vulnerability.
- Colleen: (female, 60s-early 70s) Matthew’s mother. A widow. Irish Catholic and deeply religious. Her sense of self is connected to Matthew’s vocation as a priest. (Irish brogue preferred.)
- Garrett: (male, 16) Delivery boy for his dad, who is the grocer in Colleen’s neighborhood. Not quite as bright as those around him, vulnerable to manipulation.
- Production Dates
- Fri.-Sun April 7-9, 2017 at Steamer No. 10 Theatre
- A total of four performances will be held over the weekend of April 7-9, 2017, Friday and Saturday at 8 pm and Saturday and Sunday at 3 pm. There will also be a preview performance on Saturday, April 1 at 3 pm. Actors must be available on all performance dates; full rehearsal schedule will be set dependent upon actor availability. Please bring your calendar to the audition in order to review schedule conflicts.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.