Please check back for a listing of our upcoming auditions.
Theater Voices will hold auditions for a staged reading of Blithe Spirit by Noel Coward, directed by Krysta Dennis
- Steamer No. 10 Theatre, 500 Western Avenue, Albany - corner of West Lawrence Street.
- Sunday April 9, 7:30pm-9:30pm
Wednesday April 12, 7:30pm-9:30pm
- Please arrive at start of auditions and be prepared to stay the entire time.
- Audition sides from the script will be provided.
- Actors will be asked to read scenes from the play.
- Novelist Charles Condomine and his wife Ruth invite the eccentric medium and clairvoyant, Madame Arcati, to their home to conduct a séance, hoping to gather material for his next book. But the scheme backfires when the ghost of his annoying and temperamental first wife Elvira appears--visible only to Charles. Elvira makes continual attempts to disrupt Charles's marriage to Ruth, while Madame Arcati tries fruitlessly to make the spirit disappear. Coward’s 1941 classic bubbles with wit and “spirited” fun.
- Cast Breakdown
- All roles require an English accent.
- Charles Condomine – 40s-early 50s. Successful novelist; fussy, self-satisfied, sardonic.
- Ruth Condomine – late 30s-40s. Charles’ second wife. Charming and reasonably tolerant of her husband’s demands.
- Elvira – late 30s-early 40s. Charles’ first wife, now deceased. Impossibly glamorous, spoiled, willful and determined.
- Mme. Arcati – late middle age. A flamboyant, eccentric local medium.
- Edith – any age. A maid; more complicated than she might at first appear.
- Dr. George Bradman – late middle age. A close friend of the Condomine’s. Pleasant, supportive, and good company.
- Mrs. Bradman – late middle age. A perfectly nice woman
- Production Dates
- May 19-21, 2017 (Fri-Sun)
Four performances at Steamer No. 10 Theatre
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.